Welcome to Peritia!
Please be patient with me as it’s still under construction and I am working hard at adding resources and writing posts.
I would love to share with you a little bit about me and why I started this website.
So What’s in a Name?
Peritia (pronounced ‘pear-ah-tea-ah’) is Latin and means “knowledge, mastery, skill, expertise…”. I think this word can apply to all of us homeschooling moms because we become so knowledgeable in the things we teach our kids and many become masters and experts in some areas that can rival a PHD any day!
Me, Myself and I
I have been homeschooling my five kids for almost ten years now with one graduated and four boys still at home. I have two in high school, one in 3rd grade and one in 1st grade. My 3rd grader was recently diagnosed with Dyslexia and Orthographic Processing Disorder. I am still learning a lot about these disorders and I hope to pass on that knowledge to you in posts and resources on the website.
Why start this website?
So why did I start this website? Because I see a need in the homeschool community. In the last 10 years, homeschooling has increased by 62%, which means that the available homeschooling resources has also increased. With so many available resources, it is hard to know what is best for your kids or which ones to choose. I have used many different curricula over the years and have done A LOT of research on things like homeschooling methods, educational websites, or trying to decide if my teen should do an online literature class. My goal with this website is to bring all those resources together in one place. I hope to help you find those great resources without having to do the research that I did and be able to enjoy more time homeschooling!
What kind of resources will you find at Peritia?
- Curriculum links and reviews for all subjects and grades.
- Which websites are the best choice for your money.
- Book Lists for all grades and subjects with a printable book lists!
- Resources for you as a homeschooling mom. (because we all need encouragement!)
- How to get started homeschooling and help along the way.
- Posts about different teaching methods: Classical, Charlotte Mason, Delight Directed & many others.
- What are the best apps for your kids to use? The best technology for your high schooler to use?
- Should I use an online class for one of my subjects and which one is the best to use.
- How do I create a transcript for my highschooler? Should I use a service or create my own.
- What is “dual enrollment” and will it benefit my teen.
These are just a sampling of things I plan to provide for you! So now that you know all about me, visit my Start Here page for tips on searching the blog and subscribe to my website so you can get notifications as I add new things. I have inserted a subscribe box below to make it easy peasy. Just enter your email address and hit Subscribe!
If you have specific resources you want added or need information about something you don’t see, shoot me an email and let me know. I would love to hear from you. You can connect with me through my blog contact form or through any of the social media channels.
INSERT SOCIAL MEDIA
I also have another homeschool website, Sprouting Tadpoles, where I blog about my journey through homeschooling 4 boys! I would love for you to visit me there!
Thanks for visiting and come back soon!!